Saturday, April 14, 2012

Developmental Milestones

Anyone who has had a baby or takes care of them medically knows about developmental milestones. They are, in short, the things your baby does that shows he or she is growing appropriately.

Like about 6 weeks when you have to go back to work and the baby starts to smile at you.

So Simon is about 3 1/2 months. I was looking forward to his rolling over in the next few weeks, but he brought to my attention a milestone I really have not missed at all. That would be drooling - lots of drooling - on his hands (which are in his mouth), down his clothes, on his burp cloth, and now a beautiful rite of passage for my clothing.

Everyone seems to think "he's teething" but I think he has just found his hands and it seems that a good place for them is in his mouth. And drool is just kind of something he does. A lot...

Then again, if this lovely mess is a sign that my baby is growing well (and too fast I might add) then I'll take it. Just because I love that baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment